[TowerTalk] M2 Discussion

Drax Felton draxfelton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:54:42 EDT 2015

My experience with m2 is the element rods being out of tolerance, easily bent, and then female N connectors snapping off readily on multiple products.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM -0700, "Byron Tatum" <bjtatum1 at att.net> wrote:

 Hello-  I have been reading some of the comments regarding M2 quality control. I have never had an issue myself with any M2 antenna workmanship, and I have bought quite a few over the years for 6 meters through 1296 Mhz.  I will say that I had two of the 2M18XXX's that were stacked 14' apart, on an alum 2" x 0.250 wall 6061-T6 x 24' long on a 92' tower, near Houston, TX several years back. A spring storm blew in and bent the booms on both. Being that the mast survived with no damage (18' out top of tower) but antenna booms suffered damage suggested that wind speeds were below the antenna ratings. I contacted M2 and they voluntarily replaced my two antennas; in addition they doubled up the boom thicknesses in center sections of both antennas. No charge for anything. So I feel they are to be commended for standing behind their products, plus providing me with a more rugged replacement. A representative at M2 has spent a lot of time with me on the phone at various times ,discussing antenna installation pros and cons. I just thought I would relay my experiences.      Sincerely,           Byron WA5THJ