[TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Tue Apr 14 15:29:41 EDT 2015

How many watts do you then suppose is being dissipated in a trap on your average tribander running at 1500watts out?

Just a typical number. Take the worst case scenario. Empiricist that I am, I would bet it's less than 10 watts per trap, and hardly significant. You would need to be losing at least 50-100 W per trap to even be able to notice any difference on the receiving end using instruments, let alone with the human ear.

Don't burn your fingers on those traps :)

Best regards - Brian Carling
AF4K Crystals Co.
117 Sterling Pine St.
Sanford, FL 32773