[TowerTalk] G5RV vs 40M dipole

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Apr 27 12:42:26 EDT 2015

SWR is determined by the feed point impedance of the antenna and the characteristic impedance of the transmission line. The tuner can't do anything about SWR on that line, only match (hopefully) the radio's nominal 50 ohm impedance to whatever the conjugate impedance is at the radio end of the transmission line.

Al
AB2ZY