[TowerTalk] LMR600 up to the top of tower ? Respon fr DAVIS RF

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 2 14:32:12 EDT 2015

On Sun,8/2/2015 11:21 AM, Robert Harmon wrote:
> then thinking about the connectors,
>   it is painful to then think about introducing loss back in with connectors.  I see the insertion loss
>   is extremely small with the connectors, so no worries.

This is true if you use QUALITY connectors. A good rule is nothing but
Amphenol for UHF connectors, nothing but Amphenol or surplus MIL-type
adapters. The part number for the good Amphenol PL259 is 83-1SP, with
nothing after it in the part number.

Whatever you do, avoid junk connectors and adapters. When I got back on
the air in 2003, I had to restock my stash of stuff, and a lot of what I
bought was junk. Those junk adapters caused me no end of grief with
intermittents and outright failures.

73, Jim K9YC