[TowerTalk] Slobering Irons

Joseph Orsak w4wn at arrl.net
Sun Aug 2 20:18:17 EDT 2015

My 2 cents on soldering guns for PL259's:

Decades ago my first job in technology was in the installation bay of a Motorola Service Station. I averaged at least 3 PL-259's a day and no one had heard of crimpers yet. Our standard issue soldering gun was a Weller GT-120 with the 7A Powerhead. That's the best RF Connector solder-er in my opinion. I don't know if Weller still makes them but they can be found on the popular auction site. I bought enough replacement powerheads to last the rest of my soldering days.

73,
Joe W4WN