[TowerTalk] Antenna in tree

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 23:45:56 EDT 2015

I am using bow-and-arrow too with hardly any difficulties. I add weight at the tip of the arrow to avoid the problem with the arrow not being able to pull the fishing line through.

You have to try it out yourself as i am sure exactly how heavy it is. I believe I add about 2 oz. Try on the heavy side first. If you don't manage to get high enough you have to reduce the weight. Simple like thatI use a 20#, single filament fishing line at the end of the arrow. I attach the fishing line trough a small hole, drilled in the arrow.

Best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS

On 8/1/2015 6:03 PM,
ve4xt at mymts.net wrote:
> Anyone have any advice for getting the fishing line to
come back to ground zero?

> I have no problem getting the line over a nice,
tall branch but the arrow and tennis ball get caught up on the way back down. If
I'm lucky, I can snap the line and retrieve the arrow, but that's only happened
once.

> I don't exactly have a bucket truck guy to call where I am
(cottage). And I'm running out of cheap arrows.

> Kelly
> ve4xt
>
> Sent
from my iPhone