[TowerTalk] Phase Vertical Dummy Load

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Fri Aug 7 10:10:01 EDT 2015

I use a vectronics DL-650m.  Yes, it is overkill as it is rated at 1500w,
but it is small enough to fit in an upside down coffee can for protection
from the weather.  A smaller one would probably be ok most of the time as
dump power normally should be 100w or less if you are well balanced... BUT
(yes, the BIG BUT) if something happens to one of the verticals and you
don't notice it right away a 100w or even 250w dummy load would fry pretty
quickly.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net