[TowerTalk] Shorty Forty Hose Clamp thread

George Dubovsky n4ua.va at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 06:37:05 EDT 2015

I, too, have stripped hose clamps during installation, but it was my own
fault. Who knew the darn things had torque specs from the manufacturer...
;-)  Now I use a torque wrench (a small one, calibrated in inch-pounds as
well as some weird Klingon standard - Newton something or the other), and I
tighten the large ones to 35-40 in-lbs and the skinny ones to 15 in-lbs,
and they don't strip.

Then I add the rivet!

73,

geo - n4ua