[TowerTalk] Static Discharge Porcupines?

Stan Labinsky Jr. K2STN at frontier.com
Sat Aug 8 15:45:35 EDT 2015

On a lightning focused Yahoo group, populated by professionals... the PhD
types, there is a war raging over the porcupine guys.
The folks who came up with them also sell them and forced their acceptance
into the IEEE specs as being OK... no, preferred.
However there are reports that they are not worth the expense and effort to
install them, people hurt, property destroyed, mostly outside the U.S.
Franklin had it right, a tall sharp point to enable the strike to make it to
ground without frying everything else around is the way to go.

Stan