[TowerTalk] Shorty Forty Hose Clamp thread

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 10 10:00:05 EDT 2015

Here we go again; over engineering something so simple.  Torque
specifications for a gear clamp used to secure one piece of tubing inside
another - really?

Here is how to do it in the real world.

Tighten the gear clamp only enough until the smaller tubing cannot be turned
inside the larger tubing.  Lubricate the clamp so that the band will slide
and not strip or distort the slots in the band.  Come back the next day and
test the joint.  If you can twist the smaller tubing then tighten the clamp
more or restart with less joint compound.  On small diameter tubing,
pre-form the clamp.  Simple - right.

Doug

I wasn't born in Saskatchewan, but I got here as soon as I could.