[TowerTalk] Homebre Aluminum Tower...

Douglas Ruz (CO8DM) co8dm at frcuba.co.cu
Mon Aug 10 13:41:28 EDT 2015

Hello everybody !!!!,

I am still trying to build a tower...

I found many Aluminum tubes here...they are 6 ft long and 1 1/2 inch
diameter with 0,08 inch wall...those tubes have been working in a heat
exchange equipment but are like new...i dont know the type of Aluminum...

Is is possible build a Triangular tower adding "Z" braces joined with
Rivets???...a guyed tower like Rohn 25G, etc...

I have been trying to build a tower (antenna) for low bands but maybe i can
install a light weight tribander (spiderbeam) on top...not sure if that
tower is strong enought for climbing.

I will apprecciate your comments.

Thanks,

73....Douglas, CO8DM

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver alguna
de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide de comer,
de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla