[TowerTalk] Ladder Line or Open Wire Line stand off Insulators

Lee L at w0vt.us
Wed Aug 12 23:00:16 EDT 2015

I'd be curious to know of some inexpensive way of supporting ladder line
or open wire line along a building.  I realize The Wireman has an
insulator for tower mounting but the things are over $3.00 each. Not
good if you need a bunch of them.  I have heard maybe someone is using
electric fence insulators but for the life of me I can't see any large
enough to keep the line a safe distance from a structure. (An inch or so
doesn't seem safe to me if you are running maximum legal power.)  Anyone
on here with some suggestions?
Lee, w0vt