[TowerTalk] Shorty Forty Hose Clamp thread

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 11 12:22:10 EDT 2015

Take a look at a gear clamp.  One band slides over the other as the clamp is
tightened or loosened.  There is obviously friction between the bands and as
the clamp is tightened the friction increases.  Many have tightened these
clamps to the point where the slots become distorted and the clamp strips.
Now lubricate the clamp to reduce the friction where the bands slide over
each other.  Voila, the clamp can now be tightened further without self
destructing especially on smaller diameter tubing. Try it.

Doug

I wasn't born in Saskatchewan, but I got here as soon as I could.

---