[TowerTalk] Ethernet Station Control Devices

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 19:34:15 EDT 2015

You can put something like this:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9669?gclid=COHvxKWbp8cCFQ4paQod9MgLog

. . .connected to the remote PC or perhaps a Raspberry Pi or something.
Or, use a cheap Arduino with ethernet to connect to it.  I've seen one of
these gadgets with eight switches but I can't find that link right now.  I
have not deployed such a thing myself yet, but I have been looking into
them.

Just google for USB relay box or something similar and they will turn up,
probably eventually find one to meet all your specs.  They appear to be
quite commonplace.  Some have high DC and AC ratings.

Total cost to deploy should be under 100 dollars unless you go hog wild
with cases and you can have (here) six total devices controlled, either
control lines or even power.  So, maybe 20 dollars per switch?

Larry WO7R