[TowerTalk] Medical offices near possible new club site

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Aug 14 19:54:12 EDT 2015

"In the old days<:-), probably about when you had your experiences, my
late boss (a ham), from many, many years ago used 6 meters to get away
from the CB crowd, BUT 6-meters was not without its hazards. Those were
the years when 6 was open (Mid to late 60s) and I mean really open.
There were a number of high power VHF stations and a lot of simple, low
power stations as in the Heathkit "Lunch boxes".  Dale was out flying
his RC model when he "lost control" of it.  The plane disappeared behind
the High School.  When he went around to that side, he spotted the
wings  "in top of the large green house".  Just the wings.  He was able
to retrieve the wings, but the "body of evidence" had gone through the
glass and into the flower and plants inside!  One ham, who was just over
a mile from that location ran the legal limit on six, CW.  I think he
may have been on at the time.

73

Roger  (K8RI)