[TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER& MAST DATA

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Tue Aug 18 22:12:10 EDT 2015

James, I agree completely.  All my peers used just belts.  I never saw
arresting harnesses used back then in the early 80's.  We were just
lucky to not have been seriously injured because a belt alone is a great
way to break a back not to mention internal injuries.

I checked  Mapquest and you are about 122 driving miles from me. You
must have peers in the OKC area.  I have a good harness and can climb
but with an eye on the future and trying to be reasonable I'm trying to
be able to work on all my antennas with my boots on the ground.  Some
day I may not be so active and able to climb tow  ers (I'll be 72 in
less than a week.) I have a crank-up/tilt-over installed, another on
order and built a custom winch assy to lower my Hy-Gain Hy-Tower which I
custom installed atop a metal barn and put a 4 way Phillystran guy setup
on it.

Patrick        NJ5G