[TowerTalk] eLog book

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 23 12:24:13 EDT 2015

On Sat,8/22/2015 10:01 PM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:
> Can somebody tell me where to get help with electronic logging and log book

Hans,

I strongly recommend the FREE DXLab suite of programs, which includes
DXKeeper (logging), and Commander (reads frequency and mode from your
radio, plugs it into the log). I was lucky to discover it in 2003 when I
got back on the air. I have recommended it to many friends, all of whom
have thanked me for it.

There are other programs in the suite, some of which I use, others I
don't. DXView tells you the country, beam heading, and distance from
your QTH, as well as sunrise/sunset for that station, and shows the path
on a world map. WinWarbler is a very nice "shell" for MMTTY and 2Tone to
do RTTY. Spot Collector takes spots from several DX clusters, compares
them with your log, and can be set to display only the countries,
states, zones, and bands that you "need" for an award.

If this sounds complicated, it isn't. To get started, all you need for
logging is DXKeeper. Commander makes it more automatic (by reading
frequency and mode via a rig interface).

73, Jim K9YC