[TowerTalk] Failed HDX572 Raising fixture Leg and base

Rich Hallman - N7TR rich at n7tr.com
Sun Aug 23 19:51:00 EDT 2015

Wanted to follow up with the failure I had with my tower base.   After several conversations with US Tower, the tower and base in question is actually not a US Tower brand, but looks to be an older Tristao.   I believe the model number is HMS-671 and is 35-40 years old.

US Tower was great to work with and they did offer a discount to repurchase some of the parts I need to repair the raising fixture which was retro-fitted to work with the Tristao tower and base.

I'm now installing a new HDX-589 in its place.   I did update my web site with the trashed M2 10M7 which is already on order and should be here by end of the month.

Thanks for all the feedback and comment on the weld that broke on the base.   At 35-40 years old...I'm not sure what the QA process was back then, but I'm just glad it failed the way it did.   Things could have been much worse.

Thanks...
Rich  N7TR

Go to my QRZ Page http://www.qrz.com/db/N7TR  And look for the link called HDX572 Raising Fixture Failure.