[TowerTalk] How to attach a 25/45 ginpole to HDBX Tower

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 12:27:50 EDT 2015

>  I have to put up about 6 sections of HDBX/Spaulding Tower  and wondering
if there are
good ideas out there about rigging a Rohn 25/45  ginpole for use on BX
Towers.

    Designing a ginpole for a tower with changing leg  dimensions is pretty
tough. My technique is to just use the pole part and lash  it to the leg.
If you're just using a piece of pipe or tubing, use a sling to  attach a
pulley to the top of the pole. Just about any piece of steel or  aluminum will
work - it's just that steel is so much heavier.

    Use a choker or sling on the bottom of the pole to  keep it from
slipping down whilst you're pulling a section up.

    Attach it fairly tightly to the leg, otherwise  it'll want to move
around - never a good idea.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH