[TowerTalk] [RFI] RFI With Smoke Detectors

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Aug 25 00:45:04 EDT 2015

Thanks Jim,

Thanks also for publishing that tutorial.

I originally just made the choke part of the feed line.  There are 6
loops so there are actually 7 passes through the cores, but that last
pass required a judicious application of wire pulling lube<:-)

Yes, the two wires are for a wider SWR spread.  If time and body permit,
I want to add a third wire to get three different lengths.  The end
forms a lopsided triangle There are a number of pulleys  at the 95 ft
level on the 45G.  I use a 3/8" double braid poly rope looped at the
bottom of the tower.

I'm thinking about doing the same on the 160 half sloper with switched
in additional inductance at the feed point, but I'll probably skip the
last part.

73

Roger (K8RI)