[TowerTalk] How many tower sections i can install??

Gary J - N5BAA qltfnish at omniglobal.net
Wed Aug 26 12:28:20 EDT 2015

Try one of the NA4RR Hexbeams  http://www.k4hex.com/home.asp.  The Hexbeam
doesn't want to be much above 30-35 feet for optimal performance and is very
light weight.   At our Field Day we had one at 20 feet that clearly out
performed a tribander at 36 feet.  We found the Hexbeam to be very
directional.  Could hear off of the sides and back, but it really wants to
talk off the front.  Found Guam with a good pileup going and got him twice
on 20 meters (GOTA and regular) each on the first call.  Same for the 4
Hawaii stations we found.  My bet is there is some parasitic influence from
all of the extra reflectors and the extra driven elements acting as
directors (the Hexbeam had wires for 6/10/12/15/17/20 on it)

Gary J
N5BAA