[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 205BA

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Aug 26 21:09:43 EDT 2015

One of my 20m antennas is a 4el OWA with the same boom length as the 5el
205BA.  I see no reason to add an element unless you are going to double the
boom length. If you really like this antenna I would model it along with the
optimized 205BA suggestions on various websites or try your own optimization
so you can see the results. Another option would be to toss the hairpin and
turn it into a more modern OWA design.

John KK9A