[TowerTalk] TH7-DX 15M problem

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu Aug 27 07:19:54 EDT 2015

No, running the amp into a dummy load won't rule out the amp.  A high swr like that caused by the amp is because the amp starts detuning and generates harmonics, it’s the harmonics that would be reflected causing the high reverse power.  Running into a dummy load would likely not show that unless there were a good lowpass filter in between to reject them.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net