[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 205BA

kc4pe kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 26 17:19:02 EDT 2015

We never really saw a kick out of the 5 vs the 4, ...The four comes in
multi setups..max gain, max rear, max side. compromise
performance.....Take your pick but there was not a real whole lot of
added performance either way..but the Lawson still reigns very high, 44
foot boom, 4 elements.  I took his theory and modeled a 5 element. dual
drive, 60 foot boom for 20 meters at 144 feet up....it works, but it's
too good, too sharp..but it opens and closes the band...

Bill ...KC4PE
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm