[TowerTalk] TH7-DX 15M problem

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu Aug 27 12:15:47 EDT 2015

Excellent advice.  I had a weird problem with fluctuating VSWR.
Eventually I got around to putting up a quickie DIY Dipole and fed it
with other coax.  Still had weird problem.  Changed out some "factory"
made jumpers and eliminated the problem.  One of the jumpers had its
center conductor migrated out to within a micro-inch or two of the foil
under the braid. I found the problem when dissecting the faulty jumper.
I kept  the couple inches of bad center conductor and dielectric as a
reminder.

Like the man said, make a known good resonant antenna.  If that doesn't
work right then the other (regular) antenna isn't the problem.

Good luck,

Patrick         NJ5G