[TowerTalk] DB18E and a TIC ring rotor on R55...

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Thu Aug 27 17:28:39 EDT 2015

I doubt I’ll hit the target directly but possibly someone can help... I was thinking of using a DB18E for 40/30/warc along with stacked mono’s on 10/15/20 ... this is on a rotating tower so the antennas will all be mounted on the side of the tower... but looking at the design of the DB18E (not the straight 18) it doesn’t look like side mounting is possible... nor does it look like mounting on a TIC ring (which would be best overall to provide an ‘10-40’ antenna that rotates independent of the tower) would be possible... but I’m wondering if anyone has taken up this challenge and figured out a way to do this – mount an 18E to a ring rotor on the side of R45/55? I’ve never seen one of these up close so I don’t know if mechanically one could manage this possibly with a torque/weight compensator on the boom.

73, Gary
K9RX