[TowerTalk] MOV's

Joe Feustle jafeustle at outlook.com
Mon Aug 31 15:26:44 EDT 2015

Well, they've "MOVed" to my work bench where I cannot see any physical
damage. I have just a few, not very sophisticated tools to check things
and I've not made much sense of what I've found on the Interned for
checking these devices. I reconnected all the wires according to color
code and (big applause!) everything works once more.

Thanks to all who replied to my request for information. I really wasn't
looking forward to spending the next couple of months only able to work
stations in the NE.

Oh, I watched the MOV's decay kind of slowly while the rotor meter still
functioned. It all reached the point where, no mater whether I pushed
the key for CW or CCW, the meter showed a slight swing in the CW direction.

73
Joe, N8JF