[TowerTalk] weather station on tower?

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Mon Aug 31 18:01:35 EDT 2015

Two things to consider... usb has a limited range, past a certain distance you need repeaters.  I use a wired Davis station here and have no problem with rf, though I did put ferrites on the power cord and the usb cable to control box that is right next to the computer anyway.  The other is that if you are reporting to noaa (I don't know if wu goes to them or not, I report via aprs to cwop which does go to noaa after filtering)  they want anemometers at certain heights so they get consistent readings across an area.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net