[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Oil For Dummy Load

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Fri Dec 4 13:19:54 EST 2015

Water has a very high dielectric constant, around 80, and it is a lousy dielectric with high losses at any frequency you want to use it for. On top of that, even distilled water is conductive if even so little. Once it get in contact with any metal it will start to dissolve the metal and become ionized = conducting.

Other than that, water would be very good for na dummy load with its high heat capacity.

hans - N2JFS