[TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Fri Dec 4 16:52:56 EST 2015

It is disappointing to see people line up to take a turn at claiming to
walk across the street without looking in either direction and not
getting run over thinking making it alive somehow proves that it is a
safe and good idea to repeat.  On the other hand... there is a
significant wide spectrum of physical capabilities and what might seem
Herculean and dangerous to one person might be pretty trivial to another.

Yesterday I completed a twice a week for 10 weeks physical therapy
regimen.  When I started I did 10 reps of a particular exercise with
moderate difficulty, involving a 2 pound weight.  Yesterday I whipped
out 30 reps  with 14 lbs.  My point is that there are wide variations in
physical abilities so it is not trivial to judge the providence of a
particular physical feat.  However, some things are just inherently
improvident and are foolhardy irrespective of your superman physique.
Roll the dice long enough and you might roll "snake eyes."

I will stay with my nice NN4ZZ TiltPlate and tilt-over/crank-up towers.

Patrick