[TowerTalk] Guying Alum Tower

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Mon Dec 7 12:48:55 EST 2015

Considerations need to be made for the vertical load when guyed, as
these towers are made to FLEX under wind load.

In addition, the upper sections you add would be smaller and have even
lower windload characteristics than at the present height.

I do NOT recommend guying any tower designed for 'flexible' purposes.

Here, at present, I have 4 Universal towers up .. and had two at my
previous location in Indiana.   Will also be putting up FOUR more here
next year ..  none guyed .. EVER.

73
Don
N8DE