[TowerTalk] Can´t add egg insulator...

Douglas Ruz (CO8DM) co8dm at frcuba.co.cu
Sun Dec 13 22:11:28 EST 2015

Hi,

Thanks Roger and Jeff for the information.

I will seach on internet...maybe i can find a video describing this method.

If i learn how to do it, i can use that method in the tower side and also to
connect the egg insulators, then i will use the clamps only to connect the
guy cable to the turnbuckles.

It sound very hard but i think it is very reliable.

I remember few months ago a Team of climbers here changing all guy wires of
an AM Broadcasting tower, they have been working with a bar stock in a
terminating EHS guy wire (about 1/2" EHS cable or bigger)...they install a
lot of huge insulator per guy wire to, as all of you know, use the tower as
vertical antenna on the AM Band...I will try contact that people and i will
ask about that method.

73....Douglas, CO8DM

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver alguna
de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide de comer,
de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla