[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Guying

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 19:04:33 EST 2015

 Tom

  the  "TREE" guy anchor is no where in any ROHN  installation book I am aware of. With that said. YES we hams do some unorthodox things.
I my self have two 100' lay over Rohn towers ,  will not find a " Rohn falling Deric design" in any book. As for tree guy anchor points.
When Our club had it's  2 meter  repeater it was 120' of Rohn 25 guyed to THREE  36 " diameter  oak trees/ the guy point was 100' out and 7 foot up from the ground.
They drilled a through hole  and used a threaded power line  guy anchor . and on the back side a 4" square plate and two nut's one to tighten and one to lock.
  lasted 30 plus yeas till a  cell tower site replaced it !!!   Only problem was at the end  the tree  was getting close to the 4 way equalizer plate eye/bolt  1/2 left  ,soon minimizing any movement .

YMMV

Wayne W3EA