[TowerTalk] Force 12 feedpoint matching coil redux

Howard Hoyt hhoyt at mebtel.net
Sun Dec 27 10:58:16 EST 2015

Hi TowerTalk braintrust,

Can owners of the Force12 EF240S / C4SXL tell me if the 3T loading coil
is needed on the 40M driver feedpoint for a proper match?  In the manual
it calls out one, but the used antenna I got had that coil cut off.  I
contacted Force12 and asked them for the specs of the coil so I could
make one but they said they would have to research it and I've not heard
back.

I considered trying to model it in EZNEC, but I can't physically measure
the linear loading section because  mine is taken apart. Does anyone
have an EZNEC model of the C-4SXL/EF240S... to share?

Cheers & 73,

Howie - WA4PSC