[TowerTalk] 4 Square in the future?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Dec 28 09:13:44 EST 2015

The 4 square spacing is much different for 160m, 80m and 40m. I do not see
how you could use the same verticals on each band. Building a triband
vertical controller would also be a challenge. You can have separate 4
square arrays in the same area. I would pick a shortened yagi over a 4
square on 40m. Shortened verticals work fine on top band, even K9DX's
massive 9 circle array used Titanex (~90') verticals. It is easy to
homebrew a vertical of any height.

Finding an RF quiet location is very difficult. Even if you find a quiet
location, noise sources will pop up. Your odds are better the further you
are from civilization, but then you're also living far from services. Like
everything, there are compromises.

John KK9A