[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 3 14:03:45 EST 2015

On Tue,2/3/2015 1:14 AM, Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk wrote:
> When I erected my tower, my PE (a ham who was recommended by TT people) wrote:
>
> "Each tower leg shall be bonded to one ground electrode minimum using 2/0 or equivalent wire"
> I presume he knows of what he writes.

Never a good assumption to base actual knowledge on "credentials," which
only mean that he passed an exam, perhaps several decades ago, often
right after finishing college, and usually emphasizing the discipline
that he hope to practice. If he's a PE practicing Structural
Engineering, which is the discipline most likely to be designing tower
installations, there's a good chance his knowledge of EE is limited to
nothing more than common practice.

Jim Lux, W6RMK, has given us the real science on the topic. Why are we
still talking about it?

73, Jim K9YC