[TowerTalk] Cutting a FT-240 type 33...in half ??

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 10 02:47:27 EST 2015

On Mon,2/9/2015 9:55 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> Can a 2.4 inch OD, 1.4 inch ID, type 33 toroid  be cut in half, edges sanded,  then  placed around the existing  4-5 turns of 393 coax, then
> held together via glue, ty-raps, both, or some other method ???

Whether or not this would work depends entirely upon the flatness and
flatness of the cuts, and how small you managed to make the air gap
based on that flatness. What you're describing sounds like the home brew
equivalent of a clamp-on. If it were me, I'd try for a solution using
standard parts.

BTW -- I hope you mean #31 -- #33 is a rather different material.

73, Jim K9YC