[TowerTalk] rg-59 manufacturer

charlie carroll k1xx at k1xx.com
Sun Feb 15 18:11:21 EST 2015

I have some rg-59 that I want to use for phasing a couple antennas in a
low-power environment.  The 2 cables are marked as:

S.I.W TYPE RG-59/U-SP-95  MADE IN U.S.A

and

S.I.W TYPE RG-59/U-P-95  MADE IN U.S.A

I am looking for the manufacturer's data sheet to understand the
differences and characteristics of the cables.  The cable marked "SP"
actually has a stranded center conductor while the other is a solid
center conductor.

The big difference, however, is the impedance of the cable.  The "SP"
measures in the 63-65 ohm range with a VNWA, depending on which of
several I measure.  The solid-center version measures about 71 ohms on a
single sample.  The velocity factor is in the .64 to .66 range on all
cables.

Is there anyone that can point me to some data?

73 charlie, k1xx