[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S trap L and C values

Dan Maguire via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Tue Feb 17 03:12:56 EST 2015

I'm trying to track down the L and C values for the type TA, TB, and TC traps used in an A3S.  I do not have access to any samples to measure myself.

I have the resonant frequencies so if I knew either L or C I could deduce the other.  For the inductance I have the number of turns and the form diameter but not the length of the coil nor the wire size.  For the capacitance I have the OD of the inner cylinder and the ID of the outer cylinder but not the effective length.  (And when I guess at the length the C value I get seems at least an order of magnitude too large, so I'm probably missing some other critical factor there.)

I've found several references to folks who have used a dip meter to identify which trap was which but that doesn't help; I already have the frequencies.

So, has anyone ever measured the L and/or C of these particular traps or know of any web references for the values?

Thanks.

Dan, AC6LA