[TowerTalk] Hygain Antennas to OWA

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Feb 17 17:19:19 EST 2015

2 S units = 12 dB.  There must be other differences besides double the
elements.

John KK9A

To:	<towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain Antennas to OWA
From:	"Ed Sawyer" <sawyered at earthlink.net>
Reply-to:	sawyered at earthlink.net
Date:	Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:37:50 -0500

Skip - I modeled a 44ft boom 8 el 10M yagi using the ARRL Yagi Design
software YW.  I bought a 105 and some additional boom tubing of 2.5 and 3
inch to extend the boom and used other Al I had to make the 3 additional
directors.  It has to be the most economical way to create an 8 el 44 ft
boom 10M yagi on the planet. And it rocks.  Its fixed on the tower to EU and
is about 2 S units stronger than my 4 el 10M beam doing A/B switching.  It's
a band opener to EU.

73

Ed  N1UR