[TowerTalk] Unique broken Yaesu rotor

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Sun Feb 22 18:32:41 EST 2015

On 2/22/2015 K7LXC--- via TowerTalk wrote:

>>  Yaesu G 2800 shear bolts from rotor body to upper  clamshell.
>
> Hiya, Charlie --
>
>       Ouch! Well, you found the weak link in  the system - hi. I've seen
> the old Create RC-5's do that on the base mounting  bolts. GL on the repair.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve     K7LXC

Drilling  out  bolts  usually isn't TOO bad, If you can get the broken
'thing'  onto a mill.  If it is something too hard for a carbide drill
bit,  then  you  send  it to a shop with EDM or a tap burner (really a
crude EDM).  NOTHING stands up to that

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

www.baysidephoto.com
www.thegallos.com