[TowerTalk] Fwd: effect of two wire antennas end to end

Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Wed Feb 25 00:46:25 EST 2015

Steve,

There is interaction between dipoles even if they are end-to-end although it is a lot less than if they are facing each other. I would be worried about the interaction between your towers and the dipoles just as much as the interaction between them. Shorter distance gives more interaction needless to say.

My suggestion to you is to keep the same distance between the end of the towers and dipoles as between the dipoles.

You can keep dipole, facing each other, at a relatively short distance without problem as long as the are not tuned to the same frequency and I guess therefore that your arrangement would work fine.

Good luck, de,

Hans - N2JFS