[TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 26 18:13:47 EST 2015

On Thu,2/26/2015 2:14 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> Interesting information Jim. If I were in the market for a tribander I
> would definitely buy the K7LXC report. One potential problem with
> interlaced beans is that there appears to be little room for side mounting
> them on a tower. I also wonder what happens when they are used in a windy
> environment and the closely spaced element move around.

I will again strongly recommend N6BT's book, "Array of Light," in which
he works through in considerable detail, the development of his designs.
There are also detailed design data for quite a few HF and VHF antennas.

This is hardly new -- they were on the market around 1999 when K7LXC and
N0AX did their measurement project. Do yourself a favor and buy these
publications. There's a lot to learn from them, and BS factor is zero.

Buy them from Steve's Champion Radio website.

73, Jim K9YC