[TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Contest QTH, hilltop or seaside?

Bill via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Fri Jan 2 11:29:36 EST 2015

I can vouch for checking out QTHs by driving around.

Before I actually set up my tower at KH6 I was working W9RE from my  mobile
from exactly where my tower was eventually going to be erected.  The  QSO
started on 40 SSB and he was S-7 at around 4 PM local time.  The QTH  was 870
ft above sea level and about 3000 feet from the Pacific.  Only a  couple of
minutes later as I drove down to the 300 ft level, and closer to the
Ocean, he steadily dropped into the noise never to come back up.

Oh, do I long for that QTH!

K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 1/2/2015 3:56:08 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,