[TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Jan 3 03:18:28 EST 2015

On 1/1/2015 11:30 PM, K0DAN wrote:
> Has same behavior on dummy load?
>
> Try getting rid of all coax switches, surge suppressors, anything in
> the RF path to antenna, then swap out jumper cables & connectors.  I
> am thinking cable/connector issues in the RF path. It's possible the
> issues are not even located very near the tuner.

He says it works in the bypass mode.    That would indicate it's in the
tuner,    I believ he's bypassed the internal switches.  But,
particularly the antenna is a low impedance, the tuner would have the
antenna seeing more power than with out, But it apparently worked on a
different tuner,

I'd be suspicious of all connections (including solder joints), plus
switch contacts in a used tuner.  It could also be a cold solder joint.
Or a wrong connection.  An unwanted ground?

73

Roger (K8RI)