[TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sat Jan 3 11:41:08 EST 2015

Hi Jim

The SWR meter works OK with the tuner not in the circuit.  I can adjust
the SWR down with a different tuner in series and it stays down fine.

I've just about narrowed it down to the caps.  I took the roller
inductor out yesterday and put it in a different tuner and the SWR stays
steady.  So - I'd say it has to either be the switch or the caps.  Maybe
bad connection on the bearings or something.  Gonna take the caps out
today and physically check them out.
73
Tom W7WHY