[TowerTalk] Painting the fiberglass and loops on a Steppir- advice needed

Joe Ciarcia k1jcnh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:28:38 EST 2015

We painted a 4 ele stepp-IR with marine topside paint purchased from
Lowe's. It was green and probably
made by Pettit don't remember. Anyway a check with the manufacturer
confirmed no conductive content.
No effect on the antenna tuning was apparent (this was an older antenna).
Paint is holding up well.
73, Joe K1JC