[TowerTalk] 160 meter odditiy

Ron W8RJL youngron at verizon.net
Tue Jan 6 23:04:08 EST 2015

As noted in the handbook, K factor is important for antennas above 30 MHz
especially when using rod or tube for elements but any change in diameter
will have an impact even at 160 meters. I have made cage dipoles for 80
meters and the old tried and true 468/f in MHz does not work due to the K
factor. Agreed going from from 0.080 to 0.128 is a small change but you
can't say it is to small to make a difference. I still say prune the antenna
and don't worry about it.

Ron W8RJL