[TowerTalk] Repeater Feed Line

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 9 12:00:02 EST 2015

I am planning to put up an antenna on my 150 foot Rohn 45 tower for a 2
meter repeater.  I have plenty of ½ inch Heliax, but a friend said 7/8 would
be better, and he has a piece to give me.  He said to put the antenna so
that the top of the antenna is below top of the tower, to avoid lightning
strikes striking it.

I cannot accommodate 7/8 hard line from the antenna to the shack, so am
planning to run it from near the antenna to near the bottom of the tower.,
and run jumpers to both the antenna and shack.  I am thinking 213 for
jumpers.  Also, I am thinking the 7/8 needs to be grounded to the tower at
both ends.

I am looking for suggestions/recommendations, and where to find connectors
and grounding hardware.  Thanks for any help.

73, Keith NM5G