[TowerTalk] Repeater Feed Line

Steve Baughn baughn at centurylink.net
Fri Jan 9 15:54:13 EST 2015

Keith,

As Jim pointed out you do not mention how long the run from the base of the
tower to the shack is. If it is another 100' or better one option may be to
put the repeater in a doghouse at the base of the tower If you have or can
get power out there. That would allow you to perhaps use the 7/8" hardline
and run control lines inside to the shack if you want. For the antenna if
you do not have one many times you can pick up a used Phelps Dodge/DB
Products 8 or 16 bay commercial antenna pretty cheap. They are sturdy enough
if you mount it at the top but if you decide to side mount it then you would
need the side mounts. There is a reason most public safety use these
antennas-they last under the worst of weather.

Steve, WD8NPL